Svc Rep II, IT Support
Date: May 15, 2017
Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Company: Lincoln Financial
Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will perform and deliver on routine and non-routine assignments for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. She/he will be responsible for providing increasingly complex technical service and support to his/her designated office to include hardware, software, network and applications.
- Administers local telecommunication and voicemail systems.
- Communicates effectively and provides customer service at every touch point to internal stakeholders and senior management, recognizes what needs to be done to meet customer needs and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to meet those needs.
- Creates and delivers training for all supported applications as needed. Provides training and orientation to new users.
- Creates user ids and access rights for new users and promptly implements security policies for terminated users.
- Ensures the proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment.
- Escalates and owns network, application and telecommunication issues to maintain the highest level of system availability for the business.
- Maintains equipment inventory as required at each location supported. Orders, configures, maintains and returns all leased PC equipment in a timely manner.
- Monitors and reports on software compliance.
- Performs Move, Add and Change activity at assigned office locations.
- Promptly opens tickets, checks and logs all calls on support activity and resolution in the incident management system.
- Provides mentoring/ training to less experienced team members.
- Provides second level support for VPN connected client to site and site to site connections.
- Provides support to employees or internal customers in resolving increasingly complex or escalated technology issues in a timely fashion.
- Provides telephone, remote and on-site support to users including design and configuration.
- Resolves and escalates increasingly complex problems providing a consistent model for support across the enterprise.
- Responds to, diagnoses and resolves problems and tickets that are assigned via the Service Desk or directly from the user community. Includes routine and non-routine problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution.
- Supports back office servers and systems including mobile devices and OSD process for imaging of computers.
- High School diploma or GED or minimum Associates Degree in lieu of required experience. (Minimum Required)
- 2 - 3 Years experience in direct end user and server support including Microsoft systems and support.(Required)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology